For five generations of the Talmudic era, the
great Sages of the Land of Israel flourished
in the Galil. There, like the Sages of Babylonia,
they debated, expounded, and applied the laws
and principles of the Mishnah that were received
at Sinai .The sacred learning of those years
was gathered in the Talmud Yerushalmi The
They lived with Roman pogroms and persecution but the flame of Torah burned bright
despite it all. Until about 350 C. E., when brutal
Roman anti-Semitism decimated the Holy Land's
yeshivos and silenced its voice of Torah.
But the Sages teachings live on in the
Talmud Yerushalmi, just as the teachings of
Babylonia live one in the Talmud Bavli The
But while the Sages of Babylonia had another
150 years to redact, clarify and organize the
text of the Babylonian Talmud, Roman persecution in the Holy Land made that impossible.
Thus, the Jerusalem Talmud is exceedingly
difficult, and despite its great significance
it has been a closed book to all but select, elite
Now, thanks to the outstanding scholars who produced
the classic Schottenstein Edition of Talmud Bavli, the lock is
being removed on yet another treasure-house of Torah Sheb'al Peh, the Oral Law.
This project has been enthusiastically welcomed and
endorsed by Torah leaders in Israel and America.
Plus, the Digital Version has the following innovative features:
- Fully Interactive Translation - tap on a phrase and you get the translation and footnotes
- Enlarge the font size for easy reading on your device
- Synchronized Scrolling between the Hebrew and the Translation so you don't lose your place
- The Search function allows you to instantly find any phrase, English or Hebrew, in the entire Digital Library
- Fully integrated with the Complete ArtScroll Digital Library! Every reference to the Talmud, Schottenstein Talmud Notes, Tanach, Siddur and other Digital Books now appear as hyperlinks for instant access to the source! When online, even more sources are now live via our web-based hyperlinks!
- Add your own Notes, Bookmarks, and Highlights to the text.
- And much more!